Saturday 26 October 2013

Abate: “Balotelli is the fourth best player in the world after Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Ibrahimovic.”

d5ea5d6e-f8dc-46cd-a174-f896ae00e8d6.jpg
Part 1 (of 2) of the interview with Milan defender Ignazio Abate to Gazzetta dello Sport.

“I’m not a kid anymore, nor am I very old. But it is true: in a young squad like this, I’m starting to reach a certain age… I hope that I’m a good example for the others. I feel very attached to Milan, and I see myself staying here for a long time. I still have a year left of my contract, and I want to stay.” 
“The recent declarations from Massimiliano Allegri? They are fundamental messages. We are fortunate enough to work in a club like Milan and in a place like Milanello. It is wrong to think that we only come here so we can get paid, and then we go home. It is necessary to dedicate yourself to this work completely.”


“An example in particular? Kakà. He is an illuminating example for everyone, especially for youngsters. When he was injured he would arrive at Milanello in the morning and leave in the evening. With what he earns and how much he has won in his career, he could just do what is necessary and not more, but instead he has the attitude and behavior of a super top player. He has everything required to return to what he once was.”

“Mario Balotelli? He has to understand that he is no longer a kid, and that certain types of behavior are not okay. He needs to grow as soon as possible. The fact is that he has incredible potential and he is not even aware of it himself. In my opinion, Balotelli is the fourth best player in the world after Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Ibrahimovic.”

No comments:

Post a Comment