Monday 14 April 2014

Motivational Blogger Karyn Washington Dead at 22 From Apparent Suicide


Karyn Washington 

Karyn Washington


According to various websites, 22-year old inspirational blogger and For Brown Girls (FBG) founder Karyn Washington has passed away. Reports indicate the cause of death was self-inflicted.
Washington, from the Baltimore area, was known for FBG, the #DarkSkinRedLip project, motivational posts and celebration of black women worldwide. 

She began the initiative in response to rapper A$AP Rocky's remarks in an interview where he stated red lipstick did not look good on darker skinned black women,
#DarkSkinRedLip subsequently became a national sensation and support system for women of all shades - but particularly those with darker complexions.
Washington's supporters have taken to Twitter to memorialize the young lady who departed this Earth too soon.


Blogger Ty Alexander wrote on his blog
"I wanna pout for a few minutes. I wanna bubble-snot cry. I wish someone had told Karyn Washington that she didn’t have to be strong. She didn’t have to hold the world’s glaring eyes on her shoulders. That asking for help was ok. No matter how you ask for it, it’s ok. People say all the time, You’re so strong! That’s so far from the truth. I AM WEAK!!! I think that’s what has gotten me through. I don’t judge myself for bursting into tears in the middle of a meeting. I don’t judge myself for eating the entire pint of butter pecan ice cream (although I just signed up for Crunch)! And I cannot judge myself for not being able to save Karyn."

No comments:

Post a Comment